My friend Fabienne brought vegan kale chips that were addictively delicious to Showroom last week, and I've been experimenting with creating my own version at home. Hers were based on a recipe smilier to this one, which is a bit too labour intensive for me... Instead, I've worked out a new method using just three ingredients: kale, cashew cheese, and olive oil.
Easy Vegan Kale Chips Recipe:
1. Strip a bunch of washed & dried kale leaves from the stalks into a bowl and tear them all into bit sized pieces.
2. Drizzle the pile of greenery with olive oil and lob in two tablespoons of cashew cheese.
3. With clean hands, massage the cashew cheese into the kale, until each piece is coated.
4. Turn the kale out onto two baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake in a moderately hot oven (350 degrees F / 175 degrees C) until you've achieved your desired level of crispiness, flipping bits over here and there to ensure even cooking. This should take 10 - 15 minutes.
5. Serve straight from the oven or as a save to snack on later. Enjoy!