Day In The Life | Wednesday, November 18


8am | Woke up in an Air BnB room on the shore of Narabeen Lake in Sydney's Northern Beaches. After quite a lot of hours in planes, trains, buses, and Ubers the previous day I was all set to take part in something rather exciting - my first television interview. 

 9:45am | Arrived rather early at the Business Blueprint Studios to meet the team, get made up, and tape my episode of Retail Renegades. 

11:00am | Filming begins. I spent 50 minutes chatting with writer and speaker Amanda Stevens about the future of bricks and mortar retail and how shop owners can see the changes wrought by the digital world as opportunities to help them future-proof their businesses. I've never done such a formal interview before, much less for video, so it was a really interesting experience and one I enjoyed thanks to the great questions Amanda prepared and the fabulous report among the tight knit Business Blueprint team. My episode will stream live in March after which I believe it will be available on Apple TV, but I'll update those details later on. 


12:30pm | On foot, I left the studio and found myself out on a main road up in Warriewood, surrounded by nothing but dunes and light industrial sites. Though the intense, hazy heat I managed to clock a bus stop down the road a ways, and walked towards it wondering how long I might have to wait to be whisked away to somewhere selling a decent hot meal. Luckily I was picked up within a few minutes and over the next hour while we hurtled back into the CBD I formulated a plan for my ultimate Sydney Day Out. 


1:55pm | Starving hungry, I dragged myself up the stairs to my favoruite lunch spot, The Old Mint, on Macquarie Street. The head waiter looked at me sideways as I repeated three times, "yes, that's a table for one... it's just me for lunch" but I got a beautiful table on the shady side of the verandah, a crisp, cool glass of Riesling and the MOST DELICIOUS bowl of gnocchi with fresh greens and brown butter sauce. My perfect afternoon had well and truly begun. 

3:15pm | I ambled across The Domain to the Gallery of NSW to take in the exhibition of treasures from the Scottish National Galleries. I really enjoyed the paintings and the air conditioning, which itself was well worth the price of admission. 


3:45pm | As the cafe in the park across from the gallery prepared to close, I grabbed a tea and slice of cheesecake to enjoy under a shady tree. 

4:30pm | Back in the bustling heart of the CBD I poked around the shops of the Pitt St Mall and treated myself to a spa pedicure. 

6:00pm | Hopped the train back to the airpot from St. James in plenty of time for my flight home to Brisbane.