It's a big call, but I've been giving it some serious thought and I reckon that of all the ice cream flavours in the world, peanut butter just might be my all-time favourite. Since it's not always easy to find, I've figured out how to make an excellent no-fuss version at home.
What's more, my no-churn peanut butter ice cream is made with only three ingredients; if you've seen my pumpkin spice or coconut ice cream recipes on the blog before you'll notice that this one's not so different.
Like the others, this decadent frosty treat only takes 3 minutes of kitchen time to knock together and is as rich, creamy, and incredibly satisfying as can be. And while I get that it's not exactly health food, at least I feel good knowing that this ice cream is free from all the icky chemical preservatives and emulsifiers found in store bought tubs.
No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (full fat or light, your call)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, your call)
- A splash of vanilla is optional
1. With an electric whisk (or a whisk and some extra effort) whip up the cream to stiff peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Add a splash of vanilla, if you like.
3. Fold the peanut butter mixture into the cream.
4. Pour into a baking dish or tub, cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap into the surface of the mixture so there's no air gap. Let sit for 6 hours in the freezer. Then enjoy!
* enamelware dish from The Spring Shop