No churn ice cream has been one of my finest discoveries this summer.
My coconut version in particular is a huge crowd pleaser (it was described as 'the best thing ever' more than once at our Spring Cottage Christmas party) and I reckon it blows store bought impostors right out of the water.
If you want to make this no churn coconut ice cream as simply as possible, just pour the creamy mixture into a pan and let it freeze as one batch from which you'll dole out your scoops.
If you want to kick things up a notch, try dividing the mixture into individual (freezer-safe) vessels like these 4oz quilted mason jars then top with some desiccated coconut that's been toasted in a skillet just before serving.
Of course, if you want to be really decadent, may I suggest baking up (or buying in) your favourite chocolate chip cookies and sandwich the ice cream between them for the ultimate backyard treat.
No Churn Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or coconut cream would be ok too)
- 1/2 cup desiccated (shredded, unsweetened) coconut
1. In a large bowl, whip the cream to very stiff peaks.
2. Fold in the condensed milk, coconut milk, and desiccated coconut.
3. Pour into a pan or freezer-safe individual serving vessels. Cover with cling film (pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the ice cream) and let freeze for about 6 hours before enjoying.