I’ve done my fair share of experimentation when it comes to primal baking, so I can confidently report that this recipe for paleo brownies from Summer at Haute Life is the most delicious way to treat anyone determined to colour inside the lines of clean living this Valentine’s Day. While the brownies are super indulgent, they’re also vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free… perfect for spreading a whole lot of bliss to the chocoholic health nuts you love best this week.
Paleo Brownies Recipe
- 3 cups almond flour
- 10 ounces of dark chocolate, 70% or higher (or use 100% baking chocolate + add 3 tbsp of maple syrup)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs of coconut oil
- 1 cup of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- butter or coconut oil to grease the baking pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the dark chocolate, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla together on a low heat. Stir periodically. Once it has melted remove from the heat and allow it to cool (so the chocolate mixture doesn’t scramble the eggs).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the almond flour, salt and baking soda to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the chocolate into the bowl and mix thoroughly. (You can see from the light spots in my brownies that I didn’t mix quite thoroughly enough!)
- Grease a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with butter or coconut oil and pour the batter into the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Let cool and store in a sealed container in the fridge. I’m sure these brownies won’t stay there for long!