Time time of year I’m reminded how lucky I am to be with a man who’s down with Valentines Day. Naysayers can nay-say all they like about greeting card fascism and the corporate greed of red rose agri-business, but we figure any excuse to celebrate being in love is worth grabbing onto tight. That said, I used to pretend not to be that interested myself because coming up with Valentines gifts for him is super tricky. And the situation isn’t helped by my lingering state of post-Christmas present-choosing-mojo depletion. For years I stressed about what men find romantic until Mr. Spring and I devised a bit of a cupid-themed game changer: Rather than exchanging individual gifts we’ve started a tradition of treating ourselves a joint present we plan on enjoying together. No matter what your budget, we hope these ideas will help bring a little extra luxury and sweetness to your Valentines Day. Enjoy!
1. A sweet stamp kit for churning out love notes.
2. Candles that smells like vanilla or pumpkin spice. In a North American fragrance study men found these scents most appealing and I have to agree completely.
3. Every couch needs a big luxurious throw for snuggling under.
4. A packed Picnic basket + a bit of grass = the perfect cheap date.
5. We’re both prone to bath/shower-time epiphanies, so an Aqua Notes pad is on our wishlist for the Spring Cottage.
6. Ditto the Olloclip iphone macro/wide-angle/fish-eye lens; it looks like a lots of fun for when we’re travelling light.
7. Two bikes are an investment, but couples who ride together stay fit and laugh a lot… together.
8. Lush massage bars smell great and eliminate the risk of oil spills on the bedroom carpet.
9. Lush Big Hair and Ocean Scrub; two luxurious products in our shower that Mr. Spring and I are both digging in a major way.
10. Finally, more pamper products that always end up on his side of the bed; Aesop rich moisturising balms absorb beautifully and smell amazing. Perfect for foot massages!